Friday, June 21, 2013

Say Cheeeeeese!!! Fundraiser for Benjamin's Service Dog!

I've wanted to get our family pictures professionally taken since Benjamin was born. But I could never get around to scheduling it because there was just no way Benjamin would sit still for any amount of time and look at the camera and smile... Not happening!

So when my childhood friend, Amanda Marl, with "Life & Style Photography" contacted me about a fundraiser idea she had and it started with... "I'll take your family pics..." I nearly had a panic attack! The conversation had phrases coming from me like, "I don't know if this will work".... "Are you sure about this?"... "It's going to be really really hard"... "and I'm apologizing right now for the tantrums you're about to see". Amanda assured me it would be fine and that we should give it a try.

Boy am I glad I listened to her! Photography has changed so much from what I grew up knowing. There's no more sitting in super awkward positions forever... no more holding a smile for so long that you know it's going to look completely fake. Basically, Ben and I just took Benjamin to the park for an adventure and Amanda captured it beautifully! Not to say she didn't have her work cut out for her! Benjamin was not in the best of moods and I was worried she might not be getting too many "happy face" opportunities and then she started sending me the pics afterwards. Oh my goodness! Talk about having a gift for capturing the moments!


 Be still my heart! What a precious moment between my two boys!!


We wanted to incorporate Benjamin's walker in some of the pictures since essentially that's apart of who he is

 And then, I'm not kidding... as if a sign from God... this guy and his dog showed up at the park and this would be my little Benjamin watching "Bella" the dog:


Even though you can't see his face here you can tell by his hands and the way he's sitting that Benjamin's absolutely ecstatic!! If either of us had any uncertainties or doubts about this whole service dog adventure, they were definitely dissipated here! We had such a great time! Amanda and Ken were so easy-going and patient. I just can't wait to have these pictures hanging on my walls!

Here's the info about the fundraiser:
**Now through August 4th Amanda is booking Summer Mini Sessions. Here's the details:
40 Minutes
6 enhanced images
$75 (+ $10 disc fee) 


 The session is tax deductible because you will make the check out directly to 4 Paws for Ability (the non-profit organization we have volunteered to raise $13,000.00 for and who we are getting Benjamin's service dog from) and put "Benjamin Silverman" on the check. The only non-deductible fee to you is an additional $10 disc fee. So in essence, the photo session is free and if you'd like a disc, it'll cost you $10.00

If you have a facebook account, you can like her "Life & Style Photography" facebook page and contact her through there. You can also contact Amanda by phone (503) 351-8039, or by email: amanda.c.marl@gmail.com (definitely check out her website on facebook! Her work is amazing! Newborn pics, senior pics, family photos!! All so different and beautiful!)

We want to thank Amanda for her complete awesome-ness and willingness to help us fund-raise for this service dog and for all our families and friends for supporting us!!! 

And lastly... one of my favorites:

 Hang on "Bella"!! We are so coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment